Steve Coppola is President of APB Security Systems Inc., and has had over thirty years experience in the security industry. This experience includes actual “hands on” installation of security systems, supervision of residential and large commercial/industrial installations, performing security surveys of both residential and commercial properties, coordinating alarm and security installations with contractors providing other services at both new construction sites and large renovation sites, etc.
Mr. Coppola holds a Baccalaureate Degree in Behavioral Science, majoring in Criminal Justice. In addition to his experience in the field of security, he spent several years as a law enforcement officer and that experience is outlined below:
- 1973 – 1982: Was a New York City Police Officer and performed extensive undercover work as part of the NYPD’s Anti-Crime Unit.
- Was a Broward County, Florida Deputy Sheriff. In this position, he was initially involved in fingerprinting at major crime scenes, and was then a part of the Major Crime Scene Investigation Unit.
In addition to the above, Mr. Coppola’s professional expertise includes project estimation, coordination and management (including multi-project installations), cost estimation, scheduling, budgeting, and cost control.
He authors a Security newsletter which has been published quarterly since 1986 and which alerts his readers to the latest criminal scams and offers suggestions on protection of life and property. Mr. Coppola has also conducted Security Seminars and speaking engagements for many organizations on a wide range of security-related topics, and tries to make himself available to speak at PTA groups, civic and community organizations, trade seminars, etc.
Steve is listed as a qualifier on license originally issued by the State of New York Dept of State on November 23, 1992 under Unique ID # 12000034292, allowing our firm to engage in the business of intrusion security or fire alarm systems.
During the Winter and Spring of 2003, Steve hosted Staten Island Community TV productions, for Staten Island Home Improvement Contractors Association. This ongoing program educates Staten Island consumers on Home Improvement needs and security related topics.
Steve attended and successfully completed:
- National Fire Alarm Code Seminar sponsored by National Fire Protection Association.
- Intensive Basic Alarm Technology Seminar, sponsored by Fire-Lite Academy
- Ademco Training Services Seminar on Vista 128B/EB
- Received NICET (National Institute for Certified Engineering Technologies) Level II Fire Alarm Certification
Mr. Coppola is also an active member of his community, volunteering his time and talents to several local volunteer organizations.
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
The following is a partial list of Seminars/Speaking Engagements conducted by Steve Coppola:
- Staten Island Chamber of Commerce – a public seminar on Home & Business Security.
- Staten Island Home Improvement Contractors Association – a seminar on Personal Protection and Home Security.
- Cooley’s Anemia Foundation – a seminar on Personal Protection, Home Security, and the Latest Criminal Trends.
- Bernstein Junior H.S. PTA – a seminar on Personal Protection, Home Security, and the Latest Criminal Trends.
- St. Rita’s Parent’s Club – a seminar on Personal Protection, Home Security, and the Latest Criminal Trends.
- Society of Professional Investigators – “Commercial and Industrial Security/Card Access & Video Surveillance”.
- St. John’s University– a seminar on “State of the Art Technology”.
- St. John’s University – a seminar on “Criminal Behavior & Methods”.
- Emerson Hill Homeowners Association – Latest Criminal Trends and Scams
- New Dorp Civic Association – Home Security and the Latest Criminal Trends
- Clifton Homeowners Association – Personal Protection & Home Security
- Women’s Council of Realtors – Personal Protection, Home Security and latest scams.
- N.Y.C. Builder’s Association – Commercial Security, building site protection and scams.
CIVIC & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT SUMMARY
The following is a summary of Steve Coppola’s volunteer and community activities:
- New Springville Little League – Manager of team for a three year period
- S.I. Padres Federation Baseball – Served as coach of team in this league
- Cooley’s Anemia Foundation – Honorary Director
- Boy Scouts of America – Involved with scouting since his youth (life member of NESA), Steve is Chairman of the Advancement Committee, 2003, Staten Island Council, in addition to being an active member of the Board of Directors/Staten Island Council. In the past, he has served on Membership and Marketing Committees for the Boy Scouts of America.
VOLUNTARY PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION INVOLVEMENT
- S.I. Bucks
- Active member since 2007
- Serving as Board member from 2009 to present
- S.I. Home Improvement Contractor’s Association
- Chaired Consumer Affairs Committee – 1986 – 1991
- Served as Vice-President from 1986 – 1988
- Served as President from 1988 – 1990
- Was re-elected to second Presidential term – 1990 – 1992
- Continues to serve on Executive Committee
- Elected as President again – Will serve as President beginning October 2010
- S.I. Professional Burglar Alarm Association
- Served as President from 1982 – 1983, and again in 1985
- Served as Secretary for 1991 term
- Served as Chairman – Crime Prevention Committee
- Served as Chairman – By Laws Committee
- Served as Chairman – Public Relations Committee
- S.I. Chamber of Commerce
- Active member of Chamber Security Committee
- Served as Chairman on Chamber Trade Show Committee for 3 consecutive years
- 2005 Recipient of Chamber’s Louis Miller “Business Leadership Award”
- Building Industry Association
- Chairman of Contractor/Broker Liasion Committee
- Vice Chairman of Membership/Welcoming Committee